download our app
This weeks show is an interview with Ted Bright. Ted is as you might expect a diehard deer hunter who likes prefers the a mobile hunt over a fixed stand. Ted uses a sling or harness to maneuver from tree to tree based on when and where he’s finding active big buck sign. Ted is also an archer and seems to prefer this over anything. Something has “clicked” for Ted and says that he just seems to be in tune with finding hunting opportunity and capitalizing on those more than he’s ever done before. We go over Ted’s approach, hunts from previous years, shooting from muscle memory, and the techniques that he uses to identify a good spot to hunt and how to gain landowner permission.
Here’s What We Discuss:
- A Pats Fan in Missouri
- A Baseball Mentality
- South Eastern PA to MO
- Squirrel Hunting with Dad
- It’s Not the Kill, Fills the Soul
- Understanding Deer, Peaked Interest in Archery
- JD Martinez Fixing His Swing, Ted Fixing His Shot
- Anticipatory Shots, Target Panic
- The Shoulder Blades
- Pro Shop Form, My Form was Awful
- A Few Minor Tweaks, and Mental Prep
- A Stressful Moment, Muscle Memory?
- John Eberhart, No Time to Think
- Mobile Hunter, Stealthy, Minimal
- Gaining Private Lands Permission
- A One Page Hunting Resume, Door to Door
- May My Son and I Hunt Here
- Leave it Better Than We Found It
- Looking for Big Buck Sign Primarily, Or Move On
- Tracks Don’t Lie
- False Negatives, Game Cameras
- Reading Sign
- A Saddle and a Good Pack
- What’s In the Pack?
- A Stand is Uncomfortable
- No More Treestand Hunting, Saddle Only
- Reacquianted with Gravity
- Moving Ever So Slightly, Scanning the Woods
- Little Turkey Talk
- A Memorable Deer Hunt
- 10 Rapid Fire Questions
- Memorable Deer Hunt and 10 Rapid Fire
Help Support This Show: Click Here to Support Us
Big Buck Merch: Click Here for BBR Deer Hunt Merch
FEEDBACK HOTLINE: 724-613-2825
PLACES TO FIND OUR PODCAST:
Want to Know When the Next Big Buck Podcast is Released?
Join the Club: Click Here to Join Our Mailing List
Submit A Buck: Click Here to Submit a Big Buck Hunt Pic
Big Buck Registry Social Media Links:
Facebook: Click Here for Our Facebook Page
Twitter: Click Here for BBR Twitter
Instagram: Click Here for BBR Instagram
Be a Guest: Guests@BigBuckRegistry.com
This Show was Written, Edited, and Produced by Jason “Jay” Scott Ammann
Deer News Written and Recorded by Jim Keller
Deer New Contributors – Daniel Applebaum, Tim Donze, Jon Guice
Chubby Tines Tip of the Week Written by Dusty Phillips
Article Referenced In Show: 6.5 Creedmoor vs 7mm-08 Remington Review & Comparison
Show Sponsor: Head over to goHunt.com and sign up for an INSIDER membership to get the information YOU need to craft a plan to fulfill your dream hunt out west. Use promo code BIGGAMEHUNTER when you sign up to get $50 in store credit at their gear shop.
What We Covered
1) History of the 6.5 Creedmoor and 7mm-08 Remington cartridges.
2) How the cartridges compare to each other in terms of external dimensions, trajectory, recoil, and accuracy.
3) Compare ammo and rifle choices in each cartridge.
4) Pros and cons of hunting with each cartridge.
Due in part to all the craziness going on these days, more people are hunting than ever before and using a muzzleloader can give you unique access to special seasons and hunting areas where hunting pressure is lower. Hunting with a muzzleloader is also a really fulfilling and enjoyable way to enjoy the outdoors and expand your hunting opportunities.
Fortunately, the Muzzleloaders 101 course makes learning to hunt with a muzzleloader easier than ever!
The Muzzleloaders 101 course is an all-in-one solution where I’ll take you by the hand and guide you through the whole process of getting started hunting with a muzzleloader. I’ll help you decide what gear you need, help you SAVE money when you buy that gear, and teach you how to use all that stuff safely and effectively. Plus, we’re giving away a FREE muzzleloader to 1 of the first 100 people who sign up for the course.
Head on over to muzzleloaders101.com/buy and sign up for instant access.
Have you had the chance to check out the Outdoor Feast Podcast by Modern Carnivore yet? Here’s the type of great conversations we’re having with the Modern Carnivore community. This week, Artemis Ambassador Christa Whiteman from the NY Catskills joins Todd to talk about her incredible 2020 deer season. We’re talking about Christa’s first buck, the importance of sharing venison with her landowner friend, Wild Woman Apothecary and more. Please also go over to www.modcarn.com and check out the Modern Carnivore Podcast (EP:020) with Ronnell Lynn. Its another great conversation!